Barcelona Photoblog: Modernism in Barcelona: Hospital de Sant Pau

May 10, 2006

Modernism in Barcelona: Hospital de Sant Pau

Modernism in Barcelona: Hospital de Sant Pau

Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, is a modernist complex designed by Lluís Domènech i Montaner (see my April post: Gargoyles).

The access pavilion at the intersection of carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret and carrer Cartagena is covered with exposed brickwork, and features a tower clock on top.

Inside you can admire the excellent stained glass by Mario Maragliano, a richly wrought staircase and these purple ceilings, that recall Islamic architecture.

From all the amazing things I discovered inside (when I carry my camera I am much more aware of minor details around me) I prefer this precious lamp.

 Try to discover what's on top.
See Hospital de Sant Pau Picture on a Google Earth Map
Web Analytics